Here’s something interesting – the freelancer economy in the US stood at a whopping $1.2 trillion in 2020! In fact, a large majority of freelancers today are freelance writers, as almost 131,000 freelancing individuals in the US call themselves writers, according to the Bureau of Labour Statistics.
With freelance writing gaining traction, the competition in this space has also become quite intense. If you lose your guard and fall behind, other freelance writers will take no time in outperforming you and dominating your niche. Leveraging AI-powered content creation tools can give you the competitive advantage that you need.
There are some great AI content creation tools in the market today that can help speed up your article writing and content creation process by automating some tasks for you. These AI Content Writer tools will empower you to create better quality content in less than half the time. This post will provide you with everything you need to know about these AI Writing tools, including how you can benefit from using them.
Check out the ultimate guide to becoming a freelance content writer.
How Can AI Writing Tools Help You?
It’s a well-established fact that AI content creation tools that can boost your efficiency and content output. There are numerous little time-consuming tasks for writers, which can be automated with the help of AI technology. What’s better is that they can also help in minimizing the errors in your work. Here are some of the areas of the content creation process that can benefit from AI automation –
1. Content Ideation: If you find yourself stuck in coming up with new ideas for content, there are some great AI tools that can help you with content ideation. These tools can provide you with popular topics/subtopics, interesting questions, content headlines, and more.
2. Content Creation: An AI writing tool is something that can work as a personal assistant for writers. These AI content generators can generate full-length articles, content outlines, introductions, conclusions, and more, which is especially useful for dealing with writer’s block.
3. SEO optimization: AI-powered SEO tools can help content writers in various ways to optimize their content for SEO. While some can help with keyword research, others can provide useful insights about your content’s SEO score.
4. Readability and grammar check: Certain AI writing assistants can also proofread your content for readability and grammar. This can greatly reduce the time it takes to edit and polish your content.
Best AI Writing Tools for Freelance Writers
1. Narrato – AI-Powered Content Workflow Platform
This all-in-one AI-powered solution comes with a powerful text editor that freelance writers can use to create high-performing content. With Narrato, writers can eliminate the pain of starting from scratch for every piece of content and working for hours to polish it to perfection. This AI-powered content workflow platform comes with several capabilities like –
- AI Topic Generator: Can’t find an engaging topic for your blog? You can use Narrato AI topic generator to come up with attention-grabbing topics that are also SEO-friendly. All you’d have to do is enter the keyword/themes and the AI Topic Generator will come out with great topic recommendations for your content piece.
- AI SEO Content Briefs: Another great feature to be found on Narrato Workspace is the SEO Content Brief Generator. With this AI tool, you can create a content briefly in a matter of seconds. It will provide you suggestions for SEO keywords, number of words, headings, paragraphs, references/competitors, and topics/questions to include.
- AI Writer: Besides the above-mentioned great tools, Narrato also comes with state-of-the-art AI writing software that can generate content for common use cases. This is especially useful when you’re struggling with intros, conclusions or structuring your content. It can also create a content outline and turn paragraphs into bullets.
- AI Content Assistant: With this, you can run grammar and readability checks on your content. It provides some excellent suggestions for improving your content quality.
Pricing: Narrato provides 3 plans – Free, Pro and Business. The paid plans start from $8 per user per month.
The INK AI writing tool uses Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) to help freelance content writers with their content. It can be used both as a text editor and a browser extension. If you are using the editor, you can generate AI content copies directly on it, or import files from a URL, text file, or HTML file. There is also the option to copy and paste content from Google Docs or Word to polish it with the AI writer. Some standout features of this tool are –
- Excellent text editor with a distraction-free environment.
- Blogs, PPC, social media campaigns idea development.
- Generates AIDA model sales copies.
- Supports long-form writing.
- Press Release intro generator.
- Spelling and Grammar suggestions.
- Readability grade, along with appropriate use of sections and headings..
Pricing: INK offers two bundles, a free one and an INK Suite Professional that is priced at $50 per month.
Wordtune is not exactly like the usual AI writing tools that can generate paragraphs of text based on your input. Instead, this AI writing tool helps in fine-tuning your content to enhance its readability and quality. With this AI-powered content generation and editing tool, you can also create appealing and concise phrases to add to your text. The great thing about Wordtune is that it matches your writing voice exactly, giving you an opportunity to present the same message in a more compelling manner. Some of its great features are –
- Excellent AI integration that helps with fact-checking.
- Rewriting tool.
- Tone checker with options for toggling between different tones.
- Thesaurus to avoid redundancy and repetition in your writing.
- Length editor to lengthen or shorten your content.
- Translator that can detect 9 different languages, including Korean, Mandarin, and Spanish.
Pricing: Wordtune offers 3 plans – Free, Premium, and Premium for Teams. The paid plans start from $9.99 per month.
This AI writer comes with a host of SEO tools that can help freelance writers in optimizing their content for better visibility. With Growthbar SEO, you can develop ideas, research keywords, and come up with both summaries and full-length articles. All of this is done while following the SEO best practices for creating high-ranking content. Key features include –
- Content optimization – keyword suggestions, headline count, optimal image and length count, internal and external link count.
- AI blog post outlines.
- Drag and drop features for images and headlines.
- No-restriction domain inquiries and keyword research.
- Chrome extension.
Pricing: Growthbar offers 3 plans – Standard ($29 per month), Pro ($79 per month) and Agency ($199 per month).
This is another great AI tool that focuses on improving the SEO performance of your content. It essentially analyses your content to create a Knowledge Graph. From this Knowledge Graph, you can obtain actionable insights for improving your content for better ranking. Some unique features of this tool consist of –
- Automatic Schema Markup
- Automatic summarization
- Custom Knowledge Graphs
- Content recommendation widgets
- WooCommerce SEO
- Rich snippets
- Image SEO
WordLift also provides SEO training and tutorials for those who are fairly new to the world of content writing, SEO, and digital marketing.
Pricing: WordLift provides 3 plans – Starter, Professional, and Business + Ecommerce. They start from $49 per month and can go up to $199 per month.
If you want a dedicated AI grammar checker tool for your content, then Language Tool can be a great choice. This is essentially an open-source tool, which means that you can check your content for grammar, spelling, and style without having to sign up. However, the additional features, like Google Docs and Microsoft Word Add-Ons, a style guides, and suggestions for improving style and tone, are only provided in the Premium version. LanguageTool also provides a Proofreading API, which supports over 20 languages.
Pricing: LanguageTool has 2 plans – Free and Premium ($19.9 per month).
Developed from the mold of Hemingway Editor and Grammarly, Wordvice is an AI-powered proofreading tool that can help improve the stylistic qualities of your content. This AI tool provides context-based suggestions to enhance the vocabulary and style of your content. Although it is primarily used in academic writing, content writers can also benefit from using this tool for technical topics and niche articles. Some of its features are –
- Easy-to-understand error descriptions.
- Real-time punctuation and grammar checks.
- Tone, vocabulary, and style corrections.
Pricing: The pricing for this tool depends on the type of editing service and the word count. More information can be obtained here.
This is a great AI-based writing assistant and grammar checker that can help improve the overall quality of your content in a matter of minutes. The AI writing assistant goes beyond the basic functionality to provide insightful statistics and explanations for grammatical mistakes. You can also get more targeted recommendations by setting audience specifications. In addition to all of this, Linguix allows you to check your content for grammar and spelling on any platform, as it comes with an extension and an MS Office plugin.
Pricing: Linguix offers 2 plans – free and premium. The paid plan is priced at $8 per month.
Summary: Leverage AI Writing Tools to Create Better Content, Faster
The great thing about AI content creation tools is that they can be incorporated into any workflow without causing any disruption in the content process. AI tools also make it easier to get more writing done in less time while improving content quality. The affordable and useful tools provided in this list can help freelance writers in various ways. If you are looking for the best AI writing software to aid you in your content creation process, it ultimately boils down to two things –
- What you are trying to achieve with your content?
- The tasks that you can use help with.